Retirement of the Provincial Grand Master

BaileyR. W. Bro. Michael Robin BaileyThose of you who were present at the Provincial Grand Lodge Meeting in Margate on Friday will have heard the news that our Right Worshipful Brother Michael Bailey is to retire as Provincial Grand Master and ME Grand Superintendent at the end of June this year.

He has served this Province tirelessly during the last seven years in those demanding roles, in addition to a further eight years previously in high active office within the Province. Throughout that time, our Provincial Grand Master has shown boundless energy and countless new ideas within the Province which have been brought to fruition. We have been fortunate to have had a Provincial Grand Master who has had such tremendous enthusiasm and who has shown unstinting support for every Lodge in the Province. All this has been achieved whilst he has maintained a full-time demanding role in his legal practice in Chatham.

R. W. Bro. Michael has now decided that the time has come to stand aside and allow a successor to take over the helm and lead the Province to a successful conclusion of the 2014 Festival and beyond. A successor will be announced by United Grand Lodge in due course and will probably be installed early in the Autumn.

Meanwhile, I am sure that you will all join with us in thanking our Provincial Grand Master for everything that he has done for the Province over the last seven years and wish him and his wife Sandra, who has supported him so willingly during that time, a long and happy retirement. I have no doubt that the legacy of his tenure will live on well into the future.

A presentation will be made to R. W. Bro. Michael and Sandra at the Provincial Ball in Margate in June – which will be his last official function. Details about the presentation will be circulated to Lodges in the near future.